After a recent upgrade of 14.04, an icon "Show Desktop" appeared in my launcher bar.
I removed it with Unity Tweak Tool.
A new keyboard shortcut was also setup:
Super+D now also shows the desktop. This is annoying, since pressing
Super+Alt+D in that order is not the same as pressing
Alt+Super+D in that order. The former is erroneously interpreted as
Super+D on my machine.
What I would like to do in a first step is to disable
Super+D, but I cannot find where I can turn this off.
Here are the things I checked:
- nothing in Settings > Keyboard
- there is something in CompizConfig Settings Manager > Unity > General, but it is set to
<Control><Super>d. Disabling it does not disable
- I disabled the shortcut in Unity Tweak Tool > Window Manager > Keyboard shortcuts > Show desktop
- gconf-editor -> apps/compiz-1/plugins/showdesktop, I can't find anything about keyboard shortcut there
- dconf-editor -> org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell -> show-desktop-key is Disabled
How do I disable the new