I just want to know the procedure by which one can print a documents on both the sides of a paper using Libre office.
Also provide information about printer.– PandyaSep 7, 2014 at 13:12
First of all you need to have a printer that supports double side printing, and have its corresponding driver properly installed.
Then using LibreOffice Writer (I am using it as an example), go to
File --> Printer Settings, select the right printer here, then go to its
If you printer supports double side printing, you must find a
Duplex option there. From the drop-down choose Long-edge or Short-edge as you like. Execute print command, and there you go.
I have this same problem in kUbuntu 14.04 LTS. My default settings for my printer are all correct (Double-Sided Printing = Long Edge (Standard), Installable Options: Duplexer Installed = Installed) and double sided printing only works by default on some apps. For LibreOffice 4.x I had to do the following:
Option 1 (Current Document)
- File > Printer Settings
- In the pop up dialogue box click Properties
- On the Paper tab check that "Duplex" is set to Long Edge (Standard)
- On the Device tab under options in the left column, check that "Duplexer Installed" = Installed
- On the Device tab check that "Printer Language Type" = PostScript (Level from driver)
- Click "Ok" and the document you are working in should print double sided.
You can also change the above settings from the dialogue box that pops up when you start a print job. This will not make all LibreOffice files print double-sided by default. To do that read this stackexchange post or see below.
Option 2 (Global Change for LibreOffice)
For Ubuntu specifically I ran the following commands:
$ which soffice /usr/bin/soffice $ ls -l /usr/bin/soffice lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34 Feb 28 18:04 soffice -> ../lib/libreoffice/program/soffice $ cd /usr/lib/libreoffice/program && ./spadmin
In the pop-up dialogue
- Choose your installed printer
- Click properties
- Update all the settings as outlined in Option 1, starting with number 3 in the list.
Now all LibreOffice files should print with double-sided printing by default.