So I thought this would be easy....
- Downloaded Ubuntu 14.04.1 ISO
- Burned ISO onto CD using Roxio
- Created a 20Gb VM partition (.vdi) using VirtualBox
- In VirtualBox went into settings, system and moved CD to the top of my boot order
- In storage , under the "Controller IDE" section I selected my Host CD drive D:\
Here's where it goes pear shaped,
I assumed that I could then hit "Start" and Ubuntu would boot from the ISO which is on my D:\ drive.......wrong! I get the following error -
Error relaunching Virtualbox VM process: 5 Command Line :81954AF5-4D2DF-31EB-A142-B7AF187A1C41-suplib-2ndchild -comment Memtwo --startvm e83b91d8-2147-4410-a8a1-67e264224054 -no-startvm-errormsgbox' (rc=104)
I've read several instructions on how to do what I am doing and it all seems straightforward but I'm clearly doing something wrong.