I'm thinking of buying this computer and doing a dual boot with Linux and Windows 8. In all of the forums that I have read I found out that its hard to do. If anyone can please tell how to install Ubuntu on Lenovo Y410P I would greatly appreciate it.
Here are some posts where people confirmed they have installed Ubuntu on this machine.
There are no big issues can be seen so far, so it's recommended to be aware of Dual Boot approaches and follow these threads generally:
- Installing Ubuntu on a Pre-Installed Windows 8 (64-bit) System (UEFI Supported)
- How can I install Windows after I've installed Ubuntu?
- Installing Ubuntu 13.10 alongside Windows 8.1
- How can I install Ubuntu without removing Windows?
- Why don't I have the option ''Install Ubuntu alongside with them''
- Ubuntu install and dual Boot with Windows 8 UEFI
- Ubuntu 13.10 installer/live fails to boot from DVD/USB on UEFI
- Install Ubuntu next to Windows 8 (UEFI dual boot)
- Windows 8 removes Grub as default boot manager
- Windows 8 deletes GRUB when booting