I installed Ubuntu on the same hard drive as my Windows 7 (different partition ofcourse)
Edit: Windows wouldn't boot and after trying to fix mbr with windows recovery console windows isn't recognized in boot anymore.
I really don't want to re-install windows, any help? how can I make windows boot up again?
As for how I installed ubuntu:
1. I had windows 7 already installed.
2. Used windows tools from within windows to shrink partition to free up space for ubuntu
3. rebooted into ubuntu from CD.
4. Used ubuntu installation disk tools 'something else' option. to create new partiion for ubuntu from unallocated space.
5. Installation was done and then windows stopped booting.
I managed to get to windows recovery console by pressing shift+f10 but now I'm not sure how to fix the windows boot record.
I tried using fixmbr, bootrec, bootsect /nt60 all /mbr.
Doesn't seem to work...