I installed kubuntu-desktop via software centre but now everything is messed up in unity. As if the theme was changed but it's still "Ambiance" (the default). It even affects LXDE. For example...
- Icon theme was changed to some other icon theme.
- Some fonts are different like In Google chrome, fonts like "Hardware Insights Juju..." aren't supposed to be that thin. Also in the indicators' menus; you see it's not even readable and the icon for the language (that looks like this --> [EN] ) is missing.
- Notifications look like kubuntu's.
- Double click to maximize doesn't work any more. It glitches in a weird way. Also there's a bug when switching workspaces but it's hard for me to explain.
- Grub has a black background now.
- after grub, there should appear "Ubuntu" with 5 dots below it. Instead appears "Kubuntu" flashing.
- Who knows what else would I discover :/
What I want: A clean Unity desktop. A brand new one. And I want grub back to its old look. I tried to reinstall unity but it doesn't work. It only uninstalls a few megabytes leaving behind loads of dependencies which really matter and nothing gets fixed. I like kde as long as it doesn't mess things up. Can someone please tell me how to reinstall it or at least any workaround to all those problems though I really really don't prefer this.
I've tried this Q&A but no joy:
I've tried to reset my Unity configuration using this Q&A but this also didnt work: