I have different computers (laptop, private, work) and want to sync ALL gnome shell settings, including panels, keyboard shortcuts, gnome shell extensions, ...
My plan is to create a dropbox folder
gnome-settings which contains all relevant files and create symlinks to the required paths. I know that settings can be dumped with
gconftool --dump ... and then loaded with
gconftool --load ... but I would prefer to sync the files only (if this is possible) without having to export/import any settings...
My question is now which files/folders do I have to sync.
- custom application starters:
- custom icons :
- gnome shell extensions:
~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions(is it safe to just sync this folder or do the extensions have to be installed?)
- keybord shortcuts: ???
- online accounts: ???
- panels: ????
- favourite applications: ???
- default applications for certain file types: ??
- gnome shell settings : ??? (the settings from gconftool must be saved anywhere....)
- number/names/arrangement of workspaces: ???
- what else??
please help me to complete the list