I think the best way to manage your android from Ubuntu is to use [AirDroid]
There are a lot of features,
Manage your Android devices on the web, all over the air.
- No USB cable required.
- No driver installation required.
- Same WiFi network or Internet.
- Pure web app, works on Windows, Mac, Chromebook and Linux.
Simply install AirDroid on your Android and you’ll be able to enjoy the following features on your computer
- SMS: send and receive individual or group messages.
- Apps: Import and export .apk files.
- Files: Manage files on Android and transferring files between Android and computer.
- Photos: View and manage photos on Android and transferring photos between Android and computer.
- Music & Videos: Play and manage music & videos on Android and transferring them between Android and computer.
- Ringtones: Set music as ringtone and export any ringtone.
- Contacts: View and edit all the contacts.