Xubuntu 14.04. After wake up from sleep, it asks to enter password. I entered the passw. and screen goes black. On Ubuntu 14.04 waking up was just ok. Lenovo E330 laptop with intel HD graphics.
add: If lid was closed, not clicked sleep
This is all great and fine. But for a noob or anyone who is not accustomed to CLI it doesn't make the problem any less bothersome. Here is the solution that worked for me.
- Completely remove Light Locker using Synaptic Package Manager
- Install Gnome Screensaver from the Ubuntu Software Center
- Restart the computer
Strangely, one day when I fresh installed Xubuntu, that problem stopped. Still, if this happen, try using the following tip:
Get into the command line using Ctrl+Alt+F1.
Put your credentials user/password.
Write the following:
sudo service lightdm restart
So it will take you back to the login screen.
Hope that helps! (It's not a fix for this problem, though. I had to get used to click the Suspend button instead of closing the lid.)
I was able to work around the problem by going into settings, opening "Light Locker Settings" and setting "Enable light-locker" to off.
Learn more about light locker at http://xubuntu.org/news/screen-locking-in-xubuntu-14-04/
Seems to be a bug in light-locker on most laptops. A workaround is, using suspend instead of xflock4. This can be achieved changing the next three options in XFCE4:
- Whiskers menu > right click > settings > commands > lock screen -> and write 'systemctl suspend' instead of 'xflock4'
- Settings panel > power manager > security > lock session automatically > never
- Settings panel > session and start > advanced > lock screen before suspend > unchecked
An easier workaround is just installing xscreensaver. It's ugly, but it works.