I have a dream:), I want to customize an "ubuntu-11.04-alternate-amd64.iso" image. What is the best software/solution for it?
I want to customize these things (ALL OF THEM is needed):
- Customized package list: I don't need all that comes with the default install, but I have a few thats not inc. in the def. install.
- GUI: I don't want a Desktop Environment in it, I only want to use the Openbox WM.
I want a "half-automated" install: the installer only asks for: 1 encryption password + timezone + 1 username/password.
So e.g.: the installer automatically creates an encrypted VolumeGroup with the given password (partitions: 256 MB /boot + VG get's the rest of the place: in the VG: 10 GByte to
/and 2 GByte to swap and the rest goes to
/home). - I mean with full encryption.
- Automatically configure a few apps: e.g.: Google Chrome/Firefox - e.g.: auto install WOT+NoScript in them.
- Automatically install & configure: grsecurity; PaX; Pro Police; DigSig.
- Configure in a way that the OS will do all the updates automatically without user interaction.
- Set file associations, e.g.: VLC for all the video files, etc.
- Install a Local DNS cache + Privoxy proxy & configure them to use as default, e.g.: ns: 127.0.0.1, HTTP/S proxy: 127.0.0.1:8118
- Automatically set the
iptablesFirewall rules that I provide.
Thanks for any help reaching my goal. Have a nice day.
p.s.: All that in one ISO image file (so not like e.g.: boot from a PXE server, i need a custom image in my hand that already contains the needed packages(even extra pack.) not that it downloads them when installing :P )