Recently, my organization offered us to connect to our MS Exchange account from Android. Since I am using Win XP with VB only to be able to access this account, I thought I could now easily access it straight with Ubuntu.
I first tried the ExQuilla plugin for Thunderbird, then Evolution with evolution-mapi packages (you have to also install python-samba to have the Mapi connection available), but without success. With Evolution, it tells me that the password was incorrect (which is not true).
The parameters I entered were:
- my full name and email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- selection of the server type: Exchange MAPI
- server (as given by the IT), without "https://"
- user name "user" and domain name (as given by the IT)
- checked secure connection
I then click on Authenticate. It asks me for the password and later rejects it...
Don't tell me to ask the IT, they expressly said they would not offer support for this, as there may be too many different way to access the server by our own device...
Thanks for any useful though that might cross your mind! Pierre