I am a novice and need help to solve the following.
- Intel i5-4440 processor,
- Intel DB85FL motherboard,
- Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-6 , 500 GB, primary disk with Ubuntu 13.10,64bit, whole disk.
- Seagate ST3500418AS , 500 GB, secondary with 12.04.4,64bit, whole disk.
- Samsung SyncMaster 943 and so on.
In BIOS, the boot priority is as follows.
- DVD drive
- WD HDD
- Seagate HDD
On booting the system, Ubuntu displays the option to boot from
- Advanced options for Ubuntu 13.10,
- Ubuntu 12.04.4,
- Advanced options for Ubuntu 12.04.4,and System Setup
I want to remove everything on the secondary Seagate ST3500418AS, 500 GB, with 12.04.4, to use it as my backup drive. But without affecting anything from Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-6 , 500 GB, primary disk with Ubuntu 13.10. I have nearly 208GB data on this.
Please advice me.