I'm having serious problems installing Ubuntu on my Asus Rampage IV Extreme/i7, in fact in any version of Linux at all.
Here are the steps I'm following:
- Direct boot Kubuntu 13.10 from DVD - Sometimes installer starts, sometimes not (freeze on Kubuntu logo) - when it starts it installs just fine, after that login screen shows after login freeze while being on "hard drive" icon, however once it started don't know why...
- Direct boot Ubuntu 13.10 - freeze and stop reading from CD at install screen (this one with passing dots).
- 12.04 - same thing in both cases.
- Wubi 12.4 from Windows installed just to do it - install on Windows completes fine, after restart: "To show other install options press ESC now" then shows "0" and freezes.
- Recommended by manufacturer 11.4 same thing.
- OLE/openSUSE/other RedHat based - "waiting for hardware to initialize" or "starting udev..." before installation, then freezes.
Tried with different combinations of BIOS settings/install options like
nomodprobe but nothing worked.
Is system incapable of handling any linux ?
EDIT - Specs:
Intel Core i7 4930K
Kingston HyperX DDR3 4x 8GB 1600 MHz CL9 XMP Beast
GeForce with CUDA GT210 Asus 1GB Silent HDMI & DVI (PCI-E) (DDR3)
WD VelociRaptor 500GB WD5000HHTZ (SATA/600,64MB) x2
Lite-ON DVD /-RW iHAS122-04 SATA