How to prevent unity from changing automatically workspace when activating minimized window previously partially dragged across two workspaces the way that bigger part of window is in other workspace.
Assuming 4 workspaces as 2x2 matrix. Starting in top left workspace.
- Start firefox + maximize it.
- CTRL ALT T, start terminal in standard size.
- Drag terminal down to see just its upper quarter, ie. hide its lower part outside of current workspace.
- Click on firefox, bring it on foreground.
- Click the terminal icon on the launcher.
The unity will switch to the workspace down showing lower part of the terminal window.
How to prevent or disable such a workspace switching mode for windows crossing workspace borders? It makes little sense to allow unity to follow bigger part of window to another workspace.
The workaround is to have just one workspace, or to do described action in the bottom workspace, but it is all about setting the user, not the software.
Ex post edit: After not receiving satisfactory answer, I tried to get used to it. I did my best to get accustomed to Unity desktop and the frustrating workspace switching behaviour, but I failed and abandoned Unity. Using Cinnamon desktop as a user workaround.