I installed ubuntu 12.04 LTS on my Windows 8 laptop following these steps:
- Created a separate partition in windows (30 GB)
- Disabled Safe Boot in Bios (Boot Mode is UEFI)
- Launched ubuntu from the 12.04 LTS Live CD and used the "try" option
- Launched the installation from within the live CD
- Selected the 30GB free space and creates a swap partition, then a linux / partition
- Installed 12.04 on the / partition
- Restarted the laptop. It was booting on windows 8 only
- Launched ubuntu from the live CD
- Downloaded and installed boot-repair
- Launched Boot-repair and selected the "create a boot info summary"
- Selected the Recommended Repair option.
- I got a message saying that EFI was enabled (I want to use EFI). clicked OK.
- Got a question asking about creating back up files (don't remember exact). I answered yes.
- After repair was completed I obtained http://paste.ubuntu.com/6835758
Windows does no longer boot. I get a quick error (cannot read it) a scrambled page and after waiting a while Ubuntu will start.
- I went into BIOS and enabled "Safe Boot" -> same behaviour.
- Disabled "Safe Boot" again.
I see that in my boot menu I now have a new entry for Ubuntu right after the Windows Boot Manager.
How can I restore my previous Windows boot manager?