I try to run it in Virtualbox 4.3.6 but it says: Kernel panic : attempted to kill init! Can anyone help me???
Modified 9 months ago
Viewed 8k times
As you have accepted the answer, can you please add what exactly worked for you out of all those options?– ZeeshanJan 31, 2016 at 13:28
Add a comment |
Here are some things you could try:
- Increase the Memory and Video Memory available to the VM
- Download a fresh ISO using a torrent, that way you can guarantee it won't be corrupt. See http://www.ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads
- Delete the VM and create a fresh one with the default options.
- Try disabling the USB Controller, the Network Adapter, and the Audio to see if that helps.
- Look at options like VT-X/AMD-V, Nested Paging, PAE/NX and IO APIC and the Chipset. Switching some of these may sometimes help.