Install Sysinfo (sysinfo) from the default Ubuntu repositories. Sysinfo is a graphical tool that is able to display some hardware and software information about the computer it is run on.
It is able to recognize information about:
- System (Linux distribution release, versions of GNOME, kernel, gcc and
Xorg and hostname)
- CPU (vendor identification, model name, frequency, level2 cache, bogomips,
model numbers and flags)
- Memory (total system RAM, free memory, swap space total and free, cached,
active, inactive memory)
- Storage (IDE interface, all IDE devices, SCSI devices)
- Hardware (motherboard, graphic card, sound card, network devices)
- NVIDIA graphic card: only with NVIDIA display driver installed
Cheese (cheese) is a tool to take pictures and videos from your webcam. Cheese can be installed from the default Ubuntu repositories.
The latest version of Ubuntu is Ubuntu 13.10. The next long term support version of Ubuntu is Ubuntu 14.04, which will be released in April of this year. Ubuntu 13.10 can be upgraded directly to Ubuntu 14.04.