I've installed Xubuntu on my laptop last night, and then again on my computer at work, and I came to notice that the Xfce desktop looks so much better on the latter. On my laptop, I get all the panels ordered the same way, but the colours are plain and the icons are very different. I suspect it has to do with the fact that my laptop's had an xubuntu on itself once, until about 4 months ago, before I went to look at Ubuntu's Netbook Edition. How can I get the same shiny desktop settings as I have on this fresh, virgin install?
Check that you are using the new Greybird theme:
- From the menu choose Settings - Settings Manager.
- Double click the Appearances Icon
- Choose the 'greybird' style
- icons should be "elementary xubuntu dark"
- Fonts should be "droid sans"