What I want:
1. Set a folder which is located on another drive (/media/vorpall/27DCD6C93788CE6E/Media/Downloads) as "Downloads" folder at Home.
2. New "Downloads" folder should have an arrow icon on it (just as default one)
3. The folder should show up in Places
What I did:
1. Deleted existing "Downloads" folder from Home
2. Made a link to "/media/vorpall/27DCD6C93788CE6E/Media/Downloads"
3. Pasted it to Home
4. Opened user-dirs.dirs, changed string
XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Downloads" and saved the file. Now "Downloads" folder has an arrow icon.
5. Rebooted my laptop. Now "Download" link at Home is broken. There's a lock icon on it.
6. Then I went to "/media/vorpall/27DCD6C93788CE6E/" and the link got healed! It is not broken any more, although it is now an ordinary folder without arrow and it is not on Places. That is because user-dirs.dirs got updated for some reason and now
XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Downloads string is again
I think that happens because Ubuntu probably checks Home folder for broken links and only THEN loads other drives.
Is there a way to make Ubuntu load drive with "/media/vorpall/27DCD6C93788CE6E/Media/Downloads" before checking for broken links? Or there's a simpler way to solve the issue? There must be!
Please help me guys. I am a second day Ubunty user.