I install cod4 on ubuntu 13.10 and everything is ok but when i connect to server cod4 just freez and send me an error iw3mp.exe has stoped working. any halp pls and thank you I google it and win users tell that is because one of this is problem - Uninstalled audio driver and let Windows reinstall driver. - Installed newest Realtek driver. - Changed file name in Mile. - Plugged in mic. - Enabled steriomix. and i realz dont know how to fix it. I postet to wine but no one replaz to me so i ask here
Did you use Playonlinux? If you didn't, i recommend doing so.
According to WineHQ it should run just fine.
ps: Playonlinux has pre-written install scripts that make installing windows games on linux a breeze (if they are supported, ofc.).
Quick description on Playonlinux:
PlayOnLinux is a piece of software which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®. Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem. What are PlayOnLinux's features?
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the interesting points to know:
- You don't have to own a Windows® license to use PlayOnLinux.
- PlayOnLinux is based on Wine, and so profits from all its features yet it keeps the user from having to deal with its complexity.
- PlayOnLinux is free software.
- PlayOnLinux uses Bash and Python.
Nevertheless, PlayOnLinux has some bugs, as every piece of software:
- Occasional performance decrease (image may be less fluid and graphics less detailed).
- Not all games are supported. Nevertheless, you can use our manual installation module.