What is the best software for Ubuntu to remind us to take a break for our eyes (like EyeLeo in Windows).
Here is another tool called Safe Eyes for the same purpose.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:slgobinath/safeeyes sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install safeeyes
- Short breaks with eye exercises
- Long breaks to change physical position and to warm up
- Strict break for those who are addicted to computer
- Do not disturb when working with fullscreen applications( Eg: Watching movies)
- Disable the keyboard during break
- Notifications before every break
- Support multiple displays
- Pause automatically if the system is idle
- Optional audible alert at the end of breaks
- Multi-language support
For more details: https://github.com/slgobinath/SafeEyes
I suggest you to take a look at Take A Break.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vlijm/takeabreak sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install takeabreak
Stretchly is an open-source break-taking app that is pretty customizable.
There is online PTV app at http://www.protectyourvision.org/
It supports desktop notifications, so u won't miss a break.