Years ago, an Ubuntu update broke this and I've never found a solution.
- I have fish as my default shell.
- Ubuntu 12.10
- Locally (Gnome Terminal), Home and End keys work fine in both fish and bash.
- When I log in by SSH using PuTTY, then run
bash, Home and End work fine inside of bash.
- However, when I log in by SSH using PuTTY, in the default fish shell, pressing Home key produces
[1~(sometimes erasing the line, sometimes not). When I press End, it produces
- If I use the default fish shell in Bitvise SSH client, Home and End work correctly.
How do I get Home and End to work correctly?