I have Ubuntu 13.04 running on a Surface Pro.
One of the usb device (ID 045e:0794) has registered a number of hid sensor devices:
- HID-SENSOR-200041.0: Light: Ambient Light
- HID-SENSOR-200062.0: Mechanical: Boolean Switch Array
- HID-SENSOR-200073.0: Motion: Accelerometer 3D
- HID-SENSOR-200076.0: Motion: Gyrometer 3D
- HID-SENSOR-200083.0: Orientation: Compass 3D
- HID-SENSOR-200086.0: Orientation: Inclinometer 3D
- HID-SENSOR-20008a.0: Orientation: Device Orientation
When loading hid-sensor-als a iio device is available in /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0 and also /dev/iio:device0 is created.
New iio devices are also created when loading hid-sensor-accel-3d and hid-sensor-gyro-3d.
Now my question is how can i get and read out data from these sensors?