I installed Ubuntu and did some customisations (actually, it's on a VM running inside VirtualBox, however this might not be relevant).
Now I wonder, whether it would be possible to create a Live USB drive with all the customisations that I put in place. What I care about is that when someone actually uses the Live USB to install Ubuntu, he would then get all the changes that I made.
- Downloading some Git repos from the web,
- Installing a few packages,
- Changing their configuration, e.g. configuring a Tomcat web server.
I came accross UCK (Ubuntu Customisation Kit). It seems it could help me do what I want however it's not ideal. It allows to customise the installation from a console. Unfortunately, there is no way to test things like a webserver installation. Also - in case I screwed something up - I have to redo all the work all over again.
- Is there a way to create a Live USB from a running Ubuntu installation?
- Is there a way to avoid redoing all the work every time I run Ubuntu Customisation Kit?
Thank you so much.