I've a problem which bothers me for days:
The audio output via HDMI does not work anymore since I updated to Ubuntu 13.04 (it worked perfect with ubuntu 12).
A few datas:
**cat /proc/version** Linux version 3.8.0-30-generic (buildd@akateko) (gcc version 4.7.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1) ) #44-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 22 20:54:42 UTC 2013 **aplay -l** **** Liste der Hardware-Geräte (PLAYBACK) **** Karte 0: Intel [HDA Intel], Gerät 0: ALC262 Analog [ALC262 Analog] Sub-Geräte: 1/1 Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0 Karte 0: Intel [HDA Intel], Gerät 3: ALC262 Digital [ALC262 Digital] Sub-Geräte: 1/1 Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0
What I've tried so far:
- updated the kernel to 3.9 mainline, but after that my keyboard stopped working (roll back).
- checked alsamixer that everything is unmuted.
- run pavucontrol, to check the sound-output (I can see the correct output device and the bar indicator moved, but i can't hear anything)
- in the audio-settings „HDMI/Displayport“ is selected
- installed the newest version of alsa-daily
I red so many threads, but nothing resolves this issue. I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
I wanted to mention that I am a real ubuntu beginner ;)