I would like to customize xterm because the default font-size is pretty small. I would also like to change my xterm font to Inconsolata.
I have a few questions.
- How would i know my default xterm font-size and font-family(xrdb -query don't show my font information)?
- What is the path for my xterm font?
- What are the acceptable formats for xterm fonts?
- should i be only using Monospace?
- Where i should be storing configuration?
- Would it only affect xterm or other terminals like gnome-terminal?
- Any standard format for xterm configuration?
I've google a bit but just got me confused because i can't seem to find a standard syntax for some configuration. Others use the classname xterm or XTerm and with regards to fontsize:
I've found a lot of formats. Like:
xterm -fa "fontname"
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04LTS. I'm overwhelmed by the manpage of xterm since i'm just a beginner. I would like to get help from you guys.