I'm trying to install Ubuntu 13.04 on Dell XPS630i with no success. There's two problems:
- bootloader does not install via ubuntu installer. Resolved this with the help of repair-boot. Mentioning this in case it has any effect on the next problem
- After installation, Ubuntu hangs during boot on cup-browsed. HDD led just keeps blinking every second and that is it (tried leaving it like this for 30 minutes).
Here's the boot log (when I press ESC):
* Starting mDNS/DNS-SD daemon [OK] * Starting blueatooth daemon [OK] * Starting CUPS printing spooler/server [OK] * Starting cups-browsed - Bonjour remote printer browsing daemon
I tried both 32 and 64 bit versions - same problem.
Computer specs - Dell XPS630i:
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / 2.4 GHz
- XFX ATI HD 5770
- NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI chipset
- 4 x 2GB Kingston DDR2
- NVIDIA nForce raid controller with 2 x 320GB raid 0 and 1 x 500GB raid 0
- Auzentech Forte 7.1 audio