Is there a way to align desktop icons to (a vertical AND horizontal) grid. like in Windows for example.
iconic to let you define a grid size to suit your needs. Additionally it will:
- Allow you to move icons to any of three monitors
- Not suffer the "lost icon syndrome" that occurs when monitors of multiple resolutions are used
- Sort icons alphabetically, alphabetically with "Link to" prefix ignored, sort by modified date ascending or date descending
- Allow different grid size (columns x rows) depending on monitor, EG more on 4K monitor than 2K monitor
- Instant Test button for quick experimentation on column x row changes or reserved space changes for monitor left, top, right or bottom areas
- Test button will last for x seconds defined by you, clear all windows before test and restore them after test
- Bash script for easy modifications
You can get the script on github.
Here's the main screen:
Visit the github page for iconic to see all the other screens, explanations and a copy of the script.