I couldn't find anything about Ubuntu acting as a Miracast receiver or sender.
- Can it work at all?
- Are there hardware prerequisites?
- Is WiFi a requirement or can it work over LAN or another kind of network connection?
- WiFi direct seems to be a necessary requirement, is it a sufficient one? (i.e. if a system supports WiFi direct does that mean it supports Miracast?)
- Are there differences in support between receiving/sending?
- How is the latency? (compared to the competition, i.e. VNC, commercial Miracast devices, etc.)
- How do I actually use it, if it's difficult?
Specifically, I plan to use it together with an Android phone (4.x Jelly Bean).