When I go to system settings and click on online accounts, the window for the settings shows up for about half a second before disappearing. Why is this happening and how do I fix this?
I was also getting this and followed a thread of bugs until I got to this one:
Which actually shows that a fix has been committed, but it is in the 'proposed' repositories.
- go to 'software and updates';
- on the 'Updates' tab check the Pre-release repository option (raring-proposed for me);
- open your favourite package manager, I did it with synaptic;
- reload/refresh your package info;
- search for 'empathy' -> there should now be a 3.6.4-0ubuntu4.1 package available (to trump my previous 3.6.4-0ubuntu4)
- install it!
I then also disabled the pre-released updated as I didn't want to upgrade other programs to the versions in there.
- kill the running empathy (via system monitor)
- start up empathy again.
I think I also restarted gnome-shell (alt+f2, r [enter]) somewhere in there but I'm not sure that's necessary.
Hope that works for you.