New Ubuntu 12.10 install on a Samsung NP700Z5C-S01UB Series 7 Laptop - 15.6" works great. But when the wireless disconnects (due to moving around), the machine will not scan for new networks unless rebooted? I can check and uncheck wireless on the bug but it will not scan for networks unless rebooted.
Did you set up the connection to re-connect? Here is how....
- Go to the network manager icon (the wireless icon) and click 'edit connection'
- Click on the wireless tab and pick the connection you are using then click 'edit'
- Be sure 'Connect automaticly' is checked
- If the network is not an open one, click on the 'wireless security' tab and enter the security type and key.
- Make sure the 'Available to all users' is checked in the lower left.