I'm desperately trying to install ubuntu 12.10 64bit on my new Ultrabook. Its a Sony T13 with 8gb ram, 256gb ssd, i7, windows 8.
- I have an extra partition, D: "UBUNTU" already created with about 30gb space using FAT32.
- Ubuntu is MD5 checked, on a previously working USB stick using UNetBootin.
- Grub loads fine
- When I ask to test out Ubuntu ("Try ubuntu without installing") it shows the purple loading screen for a bit then brings up this error in a busybox terminal:
initramfs - Unable to find a medium containing a live file system
Things I've tried that don't work:
- Different versions of Linux (Fedora, Arch, SL, even gParted)
- Using USB2/3 - No difference
- Legacy or UEFI - different interface, but same error
- BIOS has no option for anything "ACHI" related
I have read through tons of other people having this problem and diligently tried all the above solutions, with no luck.