I am running Ubuntu on VAIO VPCSE (23FX) that contains hybrid graphics processing capabilities. It is equipped with:
- VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
- VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Caicos [Radeon HD 6400M/7400M Series]
The laptop has a Speed/Stamina selector switch to make changeover between the GPUs.
My queries are:
- How to know which GPU is currently working?
- Whether a Speed/Stamina selector switch is functional in Ubuntu? Making it functional if not.
- What are the good drivers (propriety or open) to install, to get good usability?