I just installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my new HP-2326 PC which came with windows 8. I installed Ubuntu from a CD. I chose to partition my harddrive and keep Windows. The install was successful but when I reboot It goes directly in Windows. Can somebody please help?
P.S. Here are the step I found to install Ubuntu from DVD.
Here are the steps I followed to get the pc to boot from the DVD drive:
- At start of boot up I hit F10 to get to HP setup screen.
- Then moved to right to SECURITY SCREEN.
- Then down to SECURE BOOT CONFIGURATION.
- At the red screen F10 to accept.
- Then DISABLE SECURE BOOT and also DISABLE FAST BOOT. enable LEGACY SUPPORT.
- Back to left to FILE, highlight SAVE CHANGES AND EXIT.
- Reboot and then the pc boots from the DVD drive.