I've been looking for a way to use Remmina over a VPN connection which I have already configured. VPN connection works properly, but I'd like to remotely access the Windows computer in a lab, and would like to use Remmina. Could somebody give/link me a step-by-step tutorial for doing so?
Firstly the machine must have a static IP address or some sort of DDNS setup running so that the address will be static and won't change. Once that is confirmed you can follow the instructions below.
- Open Remmina and select the New Connection icon.
- Then enter:
- Name: the name for the connection
- Server: the ip/dyn-dns address of the machine
- Username: the username of the user account you would like to use to access the machine.
- Password: the password for the account
- Click Save
- Select the connection and then click the Connect icon.