My home partition is full, so you know at what kind of trouble can leads this. I have two partitions by 40 GB and I was wondering which would be the best method for transferring files or adding a path?

  • 1
    PLease clarify your question and add the result of sudo fdisk -l to your question for better answers. – To Do Jan 26 '13 at 17:58
  • Please ask only one question per post. I have edited out your second question, feel free to ask a new question about it. Thanks! – Seth Jan 26 '13 at 20:31

You can extend your size of the given partition with gparted. It's a tool used for creating/editing the partitions. To install it, open your terminal with CTRL + ALT + T and type:

sudo apt-get install gparted.

There you can extend your partitions. Helpful link: Geeks

  • I've tried Gparted and I have to un mount the home partition which is being used, so no dice. Any other suggestions? – caldronis Jan 26 '13 at 17:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.