I installed skype on my ubuntu 12.10 computer, but after opening the program I discovered that I can't log in with facebook, witch is my skype account. so i'm trying to uninstall it. I followed this guide to install it http://www.tecmint.com/install-skype-4-1-in-ubuntu-xubuntu-linux-mint/ and used the 12.10 option
You need to know the name of the package that skype was installed as part of. Enter the following:
dpkg -S skype
This should list all the files installed from packages containing the word skype. The name at the beginning of the line before the colon is the package name. Once you've identified the package name you should just be able to run
dpkg -r package-name-here
I am sure the terminal commands in the other answers work, but if you prefer a gui way:
- If you don't have already install synaptic package manager via the software center.
- Now open synaptic package manager, and enter your password.
- In the quick filter search bar type 'skype' look for a package which is currently installed with skype in the name.
- Right click on it and click 'mark for removal' or 'mark for complete removal' (if you also want to delete the configuration files).
- Now hit 'apply' and skype will be removed