I've been trying to host a Minecraft server for some time now. I'm practically a complete beginner with Linux thus far, so you may have to explain things to me a bit. I was able to host servers on Windows in the past with relative ease. I'm hosting the server locally through a wireless router.
Through Google, I've done things involving uninstalling OpenJDK and installing Oracle's Java, doing something involving iptables, stopping the ufw service, updating LWJGL, and downloading Firewall software. Nothing has worked yet. I have 25565 forwarded. Neither me nor a friend are able to join via external IP, though I can connect through localhost. It says I'm connecting for some time, then gives me an error:
- Minecraft Version: 1.4.2
- Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 3.5.0-17-generic
- Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 396627816 bytes (378 MB) / 514523136 bytes (490 MB) up to 514523136 bytes (490 MB)
- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx512m
- AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
ModLoader: Mods loaded: 3 ModLoader 1.4.2 mod_MineLittlePony 126.96.36.199 Inventory Tweaks 1.44 (1.4.2)
- OpenGL: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.2.0 NVIDIA 304.43, NVIDIA Corporation
- Is Modded: Very likely
- Type: Client
- Texture Pack: Default
- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
- Vec3 Pool Size: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null java.lang.NullPointerException at aww.a(SourceFile:57) at ayt.b(EntityRenderer.java:1149) at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:20) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(SourceFile:604) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:534) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
My friend doesn't get this error however, and instead gets a timeout message, so that's likely something on my end.
If there's any more information you need, I'll gladly supply it if I can.