I keep my docky dock on left side of desktop and it overlaps desktop icons and their names when intellihide mode is on. Is there a way to align desktop icons on right side always, mac style?
gconf-editor will reveal additional options. In this case, there's nothing relevant in the apps/nautilus section.
This issue was queried on launchpad a couple of years ago : https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/48705, but there was no bug filed subsequently.
Your only option is to manually align your icons.
iconic you could modify the script to reorder the icons from right to left. Additionally iconic will:
- Allow you to move icons to any of three monitors
- Not suffer the "lost icon syndrome" that occurs when monitors of multiple resolutions are used
- Sort icons alphabetically, alphabetically with "Link to" prefix ignored, sort by modified date ascending or date descending
- Allow different grid size (columns x rows) depending on monitor, EG more on 4K monitor than 2K monitor
- Instant Test button for quick experimentation on column x row changes or reserved space changes for monitor left, top, right or bottom areas
- Test button will last for x seconds defined by you, clear all windows before test and restore them after test
- Bash script for easy modifications
You can get the script on github.
Here's the main screen:
Visit the github page for iconic to see all the other screens, explanations and a copy of the script.