Ubuntu 12.04 has problem with Intel GM45 Chipset, featuring the the Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500MHD
I have a COMPAQ Presario CQ70 laptop with an Intel GM45 chipset that features the Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500MHD. I was using the second HDMI video port to drive both a projector or a second monitor. Everything was working fine under Ubuntu 8.04, 9.04, 10.04 and 11.04, however, when I upgraded to 12.04 the second monitor stopped working.
What I mean when I say stopped working is:
- boot with monitor plugged in.
- Blank screen!
- Power off, unplug monitor and power on everything works.
- Plug in monitor (only mode that works in Mirror mode) two monitors that look same.
- Close laptop lid. screen goes blank only option for useful system is power off and unplug monitor.
- If I attempt to Adjust the monitor to maximum resolution that the monitor will handle and turn off mirror mode nothing can be moved onto that screen.
This all worked fine with earlier versions of Ubuntu, is there a notes about the changes to the graphics management system in 12.04, like there is for the resolver change?