I think it would be very nice to present on a projector with my laptop showing the notes! I appreciate any help and I love you if you find it by tomorrow!
This should work more or less out of the box:
- Make sure you have the presenter console extension installed:
apt-get install libreoffice-presenter-console
- plug your external display or beamer to the laptop
- unset the display mirroring in the Ubuntu display settings
- in Impress, go to
Slide Show/Slide Show Settingsand choose the correct presentation display from the list.
- start the presentation (e.g. hit F5)
You should now see a different screen on your laptop and the external display or beamer. The laptop version should also show any slide notes you have (click on the notes button at the bottom).
- This is also valid for OpenOffice.org. In that case the package to install is