What are some good PHP editors?
i have seen through other questions on the topic but most are a bit old. I looking for a good editor for developing on PHP in Linux(ubuntu). Here is my requirements
- Basic editor features
- Syntax highlighting
- Code Folding (class,function,if/else/while/foreach block)
- Code completion
- Invalid Syntax/Error highlighting as you type
- Auto code intending
- Snippet support(pieces of custom or language specific codes that i can insert)
- Extendable support
It would be great if it had the following
- Debugging support
- Code formatting
- Framework support(cakephp/yii/zend/smarty)
- Testing support
- Native look and feel(Gnome)
- Flex/ROR support is welcome but not a requirement
- Mysql support
I have tried the following editors
- Netbeans - it bloated, resource hogging and doesnt not have a native look and feel.
- Eclipse is okay but i cant fold if/while blocks and slow.
- Gedit can be extended and i have tried it but still i could not fold code or show error.
I currently use Geany but it doesn't inform me of syntax errors as i type. If you have ways to solve the problems with above editors they too are also welcome