I'd like to drag a few more folders to the places sidebar in nautilus, but want to group these new ones separately to the default folders (like Dropbox, Downloads and Documents). Is there a way to add a new separator to the list?
This is not ideal but as far as I can see the only option you have short of filing a bug and chasing it through or writing and applying a patch.
- Open Nautilus
- Browse to a directory that you don't want to bookmark, for example /bin
- From the Bookmarks menu click on "Add Bookmark"
- Then Right click on the bookmark for /bin and choose "Rename..."
- Rename the bookmark to "----------"
- Close Nautilus and open it again
- you now have something that looks vaguely but not very much like a separator.
Hack on the code.
AFAIK there's no gconf (or other) way to alter the places that aren't bookmarks.