enter image description here

I can't find the right keyboard layout to use for my keyboard.

On the bottom left are these keys in this order:

ctrl, windows, alt, |, SPACE

That 4th key is what makes it weird. I selected "Generic 104 Keyboard," but when I press that key it's either < or >. It's a Zippy WK-725.

What keyboard layout should I use so that that key is correctly detected?

  • 3
    Try generic 101, and see. – Mitch Jun 29 '12 at 12:30
  • Thanks, it works when generic 101 is selected. And thanks to the editor. – z-buffer Jun 29 '12 at 22:23
  • @Mitch could I trouble you to write an answer for this question to take it off the unanswered questions list? Please ping me after and I'll upvote it. OP hasn't signed on in 4+ years so I can't ask him to do it. Thanks :) – WinEunuuchs2Unix Jul 24 '17 at 1:15
  • @WinEunuuchs2Unix Done. Thanks – Mitch Jul 25 '17 at 15:46

Most keyboards with a US layout use either generic 101-key or generic 104-key. If the keyboard have the two Win keys and the Menu key, then its a 104-key keyboard.

Since the keyboard you're using only has one Win key, more than likely it uses a generic 101 layout.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.