Is there an equivalent to gconf-editor for GSettings/dconf?

I know that I can use gsettings set ... on the command line, but that's a bit inconvenient (especially with list types).

1 Answer 1


There's dconf-editor, which is the equivalent to gconf-editor. To install it, run this command:

sudo apt-get install dconf-editor

For old Ubuntu versions (before 14.04), dconf-editor is provided by the dconf-tools package. You can install it by running this command:

sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.