Just upgraded to 22.04. I have 2 identical monitors connected (to MB, using Intel graphics, one on HDMI, one on DisplayPort) and having this issue:
- Both monitors wake and show MB logo (mirrored) when powering on
- At the login screen, both monitors are detected separately - ie I see the login on one of them but can move my mouse cursor to the other
- Once I log in, the second one goes off and I only have one
- In the Displays setting, it is set to Single Display. I can then change it back to Join Displays to get the second one back
- Same goes for display sleep - when I wake it, I need to re-enable the second display
I had this issue occasionally in 20.04 when I was using Xorg - but it's now very consistent with 22.04 wayland (I want to use Wayland since it solves screen tearing).
Any ideas for this? My second display is actually portrait and with an offset so it's really clunky to reset it every time.