04, and when I open my php project and Scan completes a bar appears with "Please wait..." written on it. As I understood from reading forums etc that's the problem with the enter key.
I use netbeans 7.0.1 on debian and fixed the issue by klicking on the info icon left to the <?php and then selecting "Change project default to HTML 4.01 Transitional"
It seems that the default is HTML 5 - and this generates a parser Exception. After switching the project default to the above mentioned setting I could use ENTER as normal - even on newly opened files.
i'Ve just install an upgrade of ubuntu and therefore netbeans.. I have to say, this upgrade was a lot of work.
On the 1st run of netbeans i got:
cannot find an htmlParser implementation for HTML5
after a search i've decided to:
- download an install the latest version from http://netbeans.org/downloads,
- followed the instructions here, http://netbeans.org/community/releases/71/install.html
- After the installation wizard i imported my settings from 7.0 and everything is smooth again.
-To run the install file use sh [filename] -I saw somewhere that if you install using sudo, you will install for all users. can someone confirm that?
Here is the solution that has worked for me across multiple years and versions of NetBeans.
(Currently I'm using NetBeans 11.3-beta2.)
- NetBeans > Tools > Plugins > Installed > Show Details
- Sort by Name
- Select "AngularJS Editor" and "Knockout HTML Editor" if they appear and are active.
- Restart NetBeans.
Thanks to the people before Comment #14 in 2018-11-15.
Please click on the Info (Bulb icon) on the top of the file or from where you start PHP code. After click on the bulb select “Change project default to HTML 4.01 Transitional” option and now you are able to use Enter key normally.
Please check the screenshot attached below.