My custom hotkey to insert a timestamp does nothing.
- I'm using xdotool for the command.
- My Ubuntu version is 16.04 LTS.
- The timestamp I want to produce is YearMonthDayHourMinuteSecond (I think that's how it's written). E.g., 20210429113113.
- The shortcut I want to use is Ctrl+Alt+D.
What I've tried
- Following the instructions from Linux Mint - Hotkey Paste/Insert Timestamp, which involve installing xdotool, then adding the custom shortcut and customizing it.
- Following the answers from How to create option to insert time stamp?. All the same as in the previous link, but with several variations of the command.
- Following Stéphane Chazelas' answer to Paste timestamp hotkey?. Also a variation of the xdotool command.