In Ubuntu 21.04, when text is pasted into Gnome Terminal, the text is always highlighted.
- It appears as if the text is selected, but it is only highlighted.
- If you right-click on this highlighted text, the "Copy" option is actually disabled.
- Clicking in the terminal or clicking on the highlighted text does not un-highlight the text.
- The only way to un-highlight the pasted text is to type a key.
- If you try to select the highlighted text by clicking and dragging the mouse pointer, the text color actually inverts, and the text looks like it is not selected, when it in fact is selected.
This confusing behavior is not present in Ubuntu 20.04.
- In Ubuntu 20.04, when text is pasted into Gnome Terminal, the text is not highlighted.
- Then, selecting the text highlights it, as expected.
How to revert this confusing behavior of Gnome Terminal in Ubuntu 21.04, so it behaves like Gnome Terminal in Ubuntu 20.04 ?