I have an odd issue with my system where only character keys get repeated when pressed. The arrow keys, PGUP/PGDN, Numeric keypad, and BACKSPACE for example to not repeat. This makes navigating the system a pain as I have to press the affected keys repeatedly, say for example to delete some text in a line of code.
My KDE settings have Keyboard Repeat turned on, and I can't find out what's going on..
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 413c:2113 Dell Computer Corp. Dell KB216 Wired Keyboard
(and works fine on other computers)
Operating System: Kubuntu 20.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
Qt Version: 5.12.8
Kernel Version: 5.4.0-65-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
Does anyone know what could be causing the issue?
edit I don't believe it's a KDE issue, but I could be wrong.
further edit Output from im-config -a gives me Current configuration for the input method:
- Active configuration: default (normally missing)
- Normal automatic choice: ibus (normally ibus or fcitx or uim)
- Override rule: zh_CN,fcitx:zh_TW,fcitx:zh_HK,fcitx:zh_SG,fcitx:ja_JP,fcitx:ko_KR,fcitx:vi_VN,fcitx
- Current override choice: (en_IE)
- Current automatic choice: ibus
- Number of valid choices: 13 (normally 1) The override rule is defined in /etc/default/im-config. The configuration set by im-config is activated by re-starting X. Explicit selection is not required to enable the automatic configuration if the active one is default/auto/cjkv/missing. Available input methods: ibus fcitx fcitx5 uim hime gcin maliit scim hangul thai xim kinput2 xsunpinyin Unless you really need them all, please make sure to install only one input method tool.